The Program Management Specialist II – IT Governance candidate will contribute to change management, program management, organizational development, business analysis, data call process development, and performance management tasks. The candidate will assist with the development and maintenance of the client’s IT Portfolio framework and IT Governance programs. These activities include project feasibility, performance measurement, project management, and organizational development.
- Applying PMI Project Management principles
- Experience in Organizational Development analysis to support As-is and To-be models with recommendations to improve the organizations efficiencies and effectiveness in full utilization of resources and delivering quality products to the customer
- Experience in IT Portfolio Management methodologies and processes, tools, strategic planning, trend analysis, organizational reporting and presentations, and identification of performance indicators for the purpose of performance measurements
- Experience writing alternative analyses, business cases or point papers based on research, analysis, and observations
- Experience with the Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process and other IT investment processes and requirements
- Experience in strategic Enterprise Architecture (EA) analysis, including CPIC, EA, and program management requirements alignment with Strategic Planning
- Implement a continuous process of identifying, selecting, and managing a portfolio of projects in alignment with key performance metrics and strategic business objectives.
- Provide recommendations, processes, procedures, writing policies, and support in an IT Portfolio Management program.
- Provide alternate methods to manage IT Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management activities across the IT organization with an innovative solution to forecast future benefits of a comprehensive IT portfolio, to include IT Technical Roadmaps and Business Roadmaps based on Government mandates.
- Conduct organizational level reporting linking technologies to outcomes and mission-related tangible and intangible benefits
- Experience assessing, interpreting, and providing guidance regarding federal government budget and reporting directives and instructions
- Expertise in risk analysis to support project managers in identifying project risk, identifying potential impacts of those risks, and crafting risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience facilitating work sessions and conducting training sessions
- Conducting business and technical analysis by facilitating working group sessions and engaging working group members to understand and document customer stakeholder functional and technical needs
- Assessing customer current business processes and functions and make recommendations for improved functional services
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Office Visio
- Microsoft Office Project
- MS SharePoint
- MS Power BI
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to support work assignments for meeting the deliverable objective
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses for assigned tasks
- Compile research, findings, and other information into written formats such as white papers, reports, presentations, and other forms of technical documentation
- Perform IT strategic/organizational planning, organizational development, portfolio and program management, IT investment management, IT governance
- Provide Weekly and Monthly Status Reporting
- Provide meeting support (facilitate meetings, prepare agenda, prepare project briefings, present to the stakeholders, document, and distribute meeting minutes, and track actions)
- Support other PMO tasks as assigned
- Flexibility is a must, as well as the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple work streams, multi-task and work well under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building partnerships with business and technical stakeholders as applicable
- Self-starter with ability to perform and lead work independently.
- Participate in project planning and schedule development/maintenance activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in writing materials relevant to organization, project, and task goals and presenting material to senior Government officials
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer or Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or technical discipline is desired. Proven experience may be considered as an acceptable substitute.
- Must have 10+ years’ experience in Federal consulting, which should include business analysis, investment management, and other relevant experiences.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-BPA) credentials is highly desirable.