Summit-Tek, Inc. is currently seeking a Maritime Sector Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join an exciting program in Norfolk, VA. The SME will be responsible for supporting the Department of Homeland Security and its inter-agency partners by leveraging emerging technologies in support of the Maritime Operations Coordination Plan (MOCP). The SME will assist clients by improving their understanding of maritime risk, enabling them to make better informed decisions and take appropriate action. SME will be trained and become proficient on the Windward Intelligence System, a predictive risk analysis tool utilizing Artificial Intelligence to provide data-driven risk insights based on actual ship operations.
The SME will validate information and apply tradecraft to build assessments for the client. As the authority on the immediate MDA problem set, the client will look to you for time critical recommendations. This is an opportunity for the SME to grow their expertise, develop new skills in maritime-specific intelligence, and share methodologies with other professionals.
Senior Maritime Analyst Responsibilities:
- The SME will support a team of customer Client Success Managers to advance and employ customer capabilities in a dynamic maritime environment.
- SME will develop material for multilateral trainings and engagements, provide expert advice to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- The SME will be part of a team responsible for providing support and training to Department of Homeland Security personnel.
- Perform data exploitation, improve client’s understanding of counter-threat capabilities and TTPs, and develop best practices to improve Maritime Domain Awareness for client and stakeholders.
- Attend technical exchange meetings to provide assistance, coordination, and collaboration as needed.
- Conduct inter-agency maritime fusion analysis through use of Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies as it relates to the client’s mission, including vessel target development.
- Conduct analysis to enhance the maritime intelligence picture and conduct analysis on real-world suspect vessels of interest through standardized intelligence tools.
- Participate in and document After-Action Reports, lessons learned, and observations from operational events conducted.
- Active Secret Security Clearance (minimum)/Active Top-Secret Clearance (preferred).
- Ten (10) years’ demonstrated experience working in the maritime domain with an in-depth understanding of the maritime environment and maritime law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field; additional years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Experience working in a military, law enforcement, or classified environments.
- Five (5) years or more of demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Project) applications.